Das Imperium der Wölfe - Jean-Christophe Grangé

I read another book by the french mystery/crime author Jean-Christophe Grangé: ‘The Empire of the Wolves’, which is the cause of Goodreads now recommending books in Turkish to me (although this book is originally in French while some of the characters are Turkish and there’s of course some sort f Turkish mafia and whatnot). This is yet another book that was turned into a movie with Jean Reno as one of the characters. Only that they changed the end because of reasons.
There’s this thing with Grangé’s books and I don’t know if it’s the same thing he does in his other books: the sudden brutality, the detail of the gory things that happen to people in the book. Especially this brutality toward the main characters. The first book I ever read that had descriptions of brutal things happen to characters was ‘American Psycho’. At some point that book almost made me throw up.
Back to what I’m trying to say: Here, it came completely out of the blue.

Anyway, storywise this is yet another youn cop, old cop fling. You get the young guy who digs up a case and the old guy who the young guy seeks out because of his experience.
This book has lots of point of view changes. It’s split up in ‘parts’ whereas each part shares one perspective at a time and is split up in chapters. This was extremely irritating to read in my opinion. I don’t mind POV changes too much but it’s horrible if the characters who get a part of the book from their POV are only supporting characters. /: That was sort of odd. And although nothing in particular annoyed me I do think that the author had trouble with the female perspectives in this book.